Friday, April 9, 2010

It's been so long since I've written, which somehow always seems to manifest when I've the most to write about. The last year of my life have been the most.... whew, I don't even have to word- upheavaling? that I can recall in recent history. Just to summarize: A friend I was close with in high school died, I came to Ca for the memorial and suddenly found myself divorced and living in here again, with my entire life as I knew it evaporated- My life then moved onto working, single parenting, starting a relationship, finding out my dad has advanced stage melanoma, moving, having my significant other move 2/3 of the way across the country, having my niece come live with us, getting pneumonia and consequently losing my job selling fragrance as a result.... and poof! Now you're caught up. Kinda. Right.

I have been positively awful and keeping in contact over these past few months, and I wish I had it in me to send a handwritten thank you to so man people that deserve that and much more, but keeping my head above water seems to engulf most days at the moment.

Not to say we're not happy or healthy and doing well, despite the backstory. The kids are excellent- Aiden LOVES school and really enjoys his friends and learning. Tobin has 9th grade reading and math levels and is a tad less enthused with 2nd grade, but still finds things to put his creative and scientific mind into with projects and the books he continues to devour. Of course, Annika is the cutest little thing ever. She is a handful and a half, but she's so damn cute doing it! My dad has finished his chemo and radiation for now and retains an excellent mental and spiritual outlook- we are still waiting for the final scans to tell us about some possible trouble spots, but for now, we wait and take things one day at a time. I will see if I can fanagle a link to some recent pictures of them here, and see if I can somehow coax myself into writing more often. 

So there's an ubermini nutshell of an update, we'll see if I can elaborate more in the future. Feel free to check back, comment, say hello.

peace,
Julie

2 comments:

  1. I am happy you are making your way back to blogging. You are an amazing mother on top of all your other RAD skills. Big hugs from me and Sean.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just want to say, across the miles and the years since we've seen each other face to face, that I ADORE you! Your profile description of living room dance parties and hugging trees happies me very much! You just keep on steppin' 'cuz you are an inspiration to me!

    ReplyDelete